Power Safety Requirement
Products with electrical current ratings up to 6Aand weighing more than 3Kg must use approved power
cords greater than or equal to: H05VV-F, 3G, 0.75mm2 or H05VV-F, 2G, 0.75mm2.
UL Safety Notices
Required for UL 1459 covering telecommunications (telephone) equipment intended to be electrically
connected to a telecommunication network that has an operating voltage to ground that does not exceed
200V peak, 300V peak-to-peak, and 105V rms, and installed or used in accordance with the National
Electrical Code (NFPA 70).
When using the Notebook PC modem, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the
risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
• Do not use the Notebook PC near water, for example, near a bath tub, wash bowl, kitchen sink
or laundry tub, in a wet basement or near a swimming pool.
• Do not use the Notebook PC during an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric
shock from lightning.
• Do not use the Notebook PC in the vicinity of a gas leak.
Required for UL 1642 covering primary (nonrechargeable) and secondary (rechargeable) lithium batter-
ies for use as power sources in products. These batteries contain metallic lithium, or a lithium alloy, or
a lithium ion, and may consist of a single electrochemical cell or two or more cells connected in series,
parallel, or both, that convert chemical energy into electrical energy by an irreversible or reversible
• Do not dispose the Notebook PC battery pack in a fire, as they may explode. Check with local
codes for possible special disposal instructions to reduce the risk of injury to persons due to
fire or explosion.
• Do not use power adapters or batteries from other devices to reduce the risk of injury to
persons due to fire or explosion. Use only UL certified power adapters or batteries supplied by
the manufacturer or authorized retailers.